Here in the Northern latitudes many people choose to stay indoors during the winter. I encourage those folks that would rather stay warm and cozy indoors to get outside and enjoy some winter caching. Here 10 things I think are benefits of winter geocaching:
- Footprints in the snow.
- Foliage has turned brown but camouflage stays green.
- Swamps and creeks freeze over.
- No Mosquitoes!
- Wear layers and you won’t overheat.
- Fewer people attempting first to find.
- You can slide down hills.
- Leaves are off the trees making it easier to spot hanging caches (except if they are in evergreens)
- Fewer muggles milling about.
- Work off your holiday excesses.
Feel free to add your own.